Saturday, December 6, 2008

Questioning 16?


As most of you probably know, my 16th birthday was about two weeks ago. I had a blast. I got a bunch of presents including a cell phone, so I was pretty excited. My dad also took me out on my "first date." (That's what the picture shows, haha I don't know where I get my dork genes from. I love him :) ) It was tons of fun, he took me out to dinner and then over to the Carrie Underwood concert. I loved it. The Friday before my birthday, my mom and friends threw me a surprise party which was great, and then we flew to Texas on the day of my birthday. It was a fun couple of weeks. Although I loved it all, I do not love my age. I really can't comprehend the fact that I am 16, and in only 5 years there's a chance I could be a married woman. Ahhh...5 years ago feels like yesterday to me, and it was only about that long ago that I imagined myself a "big teenager." I thought I would be taller than a 7th grader, weigh a lot more, "develop" more, :) and I certainly thought I would be a million times more mature. I don't even WANT to be this age either. I know most teens would slap me for saying this, because for a normal person it's what they wait for their whole lives, but I'm not eager to date or to drive. I loved my "15 year," and I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not ready to move on.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Whitney, I feel SO.....bad that I did not call you, I knew that you were going out of town and I meant to call you when you got back...Will you wever forgive me? I can't believe that your 16.WOW!!!! and a cell phone...AWESOME, now you can call your FAVORITE aunt who didn't call you on your birthday..I miss you and love you so much. You are a beautiful young lady!

Ellie said...

dont forget to coment on other blogs!
luv you!

Shiela Campbell said...

I forget there is such a thing as a blog. I loved reading yours tonight----only two months late. You are so adorable and I think my son is one neat dad!! Don't grow up two fast honey. Bud and I will have been married 5 years in June and I cannot believe what the next five years will bring. Lots of graduations, missions and WEDDINGS! I can't bear to think about it!!! I am feeling lots better and will be calling you this week to plan a birthday date!!! Better late than never I hope! Sure do love you honey!